KT Maritime Services Australia Pty Ltd
A marine towage services provider, was incorporated in July 2012, and is a joint venture company established by reputable ship owners and operators, Kotug International B.V. and Teekay Shipping Australia Pty Ltd.
KT Maritime has been established to provide marine towage solutions to the Australian Energy and Resources sectors. The new joint venture was born out of the recognition that the Australian Marine Towage Industry is evolving into a market which demands the highest level of safety, technical innovation, operational expertise and sustainability practices.
Combining Kotug’s world class technical marine towage acumen with Teekay’s proven local knowledge and Australian track record.
We work with our clients from the outset, to assist in the development of marine towage solutions designed to maximise crew safety, terminal throughput, asset security, local industry participation and operational efficiencies.
KT Maritime’s “partnership in power” aims to re-energise a market sector viewed by many as uncompetitive, leveraging off of the impressive reputation, experience, technology, and practical “know how” of Kotug International and Teekay Shipping.
- A combined total of over 60 tugs operated and managed by KT Maritime’s parent companies.
- Kotug and Teekay combine to assist ports that are responsible for a combined annual throughput of 910 million tonnes.
- Parent companies have been responsible for the delivery of over 50 new build vessels since 2008.
- A proven commitment to Sustainability, through real innovations such as Hybrid Propulsion technologies.
- Over 15 years of proven Australian experience.
- Established, proven and award winning Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- A unique perspective on servicing the LNG export industries, through Teekay’s experience as one of the world’s largest LNG shipping companies.